Monday, April 16, 2007

I Finally Commited

Okay. This is it. I have finally done it. In answer to all those who said I should, I did. I created a blog. I know you're probably laughing about my title, but that's alright. I love my title. I think it's very pleasantly ironic. I forewarn you that I will occasionally muse, but I make no promises about its intellectualism.

For instance, my musings lately concern such heady topics as why the chip people only fill their bags of chips one-quarter full. Even the Family Size bags. The rest is just...air. Which is interesting to me, because I breathe air every day for free (mostly), and here I am paying $3.99 for a bag of chips that's only one-quarter full of chips and three-quarters full of air. Prepackaged air at that. So basically I'm paying $1.00 for chips and $3.00 for air. This is concerning to me as a consumer, and thus I muse on it. So this is the sort of thing you might read on my brand-new blog. Along with whatever else I feel like writing at any particular moment.

I didn't really want to start a blog. I was afraid of commitment. I didn't know if I had the time to keep it up. Then I checked my cousin Leslie's blog and saw that she hadn't posted anything since March 18th, and I felt better about that. My next objection to starting a blog was not having anything to write about. Then I sat and observed my kids for five minutes and realized I would never be able to make that one fly. So here I am. Blogging. And for this, I would like to thank the author of dooce.com, who made writing about your kids couture, and Rebecca, whose blog I will never come close to matching and in whose reflected literary glory I gladly bask. And last but not least, my cousin Leslie, who was the first to utter the word "blog" in our family, and proceeded to do so with much enthusiasm. Until March 18th.

And so, Reader, whoever you are, thank you for reading my blog and do not hesitate to laugh either with or at me. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

WOOO HOOO!!!!! Oh, I am so glad that you are finally here on blogspot. And thanks for the rather pointed shout out. Yeah, March 18th. Welcome to the blogging world! I already laughed so hard at your first post that I scared the dog. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

You go Girl! You're stretching me to expand my computer literacy already -- and in the MORNING! :)

Rebecca said...

Welcome to the World of Blogging! I'm glad you've arrived, and I love your ironic title. I will argue, however, that you are (and have always been) Pretty Darn Smart. I'm going to love checking your page every day-- No Pressure! *wink*